Information we collect and store about your visits to our website
This information includes:
- The IP address of your machine when connecting to this site
- The domain name from which you are accessing the internet
- The operating system and browser your computer system uses
- Any search engine you are using
- Date and time you are visiting the URLs of the pages you visit
You may manually disable cookies at any time. Check your browser's Help for details. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
Information we collect about you will not be disclosed to any other party in a form that will identify you, except in the following specific circumstances when you seek to pay by credit card. Your credit card details will be sent to ASB Bank Limited in an encrypted format using secure socket layer technology.
Information held on the Register
Information about any individual or legal entity in the New Zealand Register of Designs, Patents, Patent Attorneys, Plant Variety Rights and Trade Marks is held, maintained and may be viewed in accordance with the Patents Act 1953, the Trade Marks Act 2002, the Designs Act 1953, the Plant Variety Rights Act 1987, the Privacy Act 1993 and the Official Information Act 1982.
When you become a registered user of this website, personal information will be collected from you. This information is collected for two purposes. Firstly, for the management of your account with us. Secondly, for statistical purposes in determining the usage of this website.
If you do not provide the information requested when you attempt to register, you cannot become a registered user of this website. You may correct any errors in the information you have provided at any time.
Individuals calling our Business Service Centre
As part of our commitment to providing the best possible service to our customers we record all telephone calls answered in our Business Service Centre. This helps us to identify ways that we can provide you with a better service.
We record calls:
- for staff training purposes, helping us to improve the quality of our customer service and to ensure the information we provide is consistent and accurate
- so we can find ways to simplify our service to you, and
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call, which may be needed to support any transactions that take place over the phone and/or if there is a dispute.
- We understand your personal information is important and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We store the recordings securely for two years and destroy them after this period.
Unless we have lawful reason for withholding this information you can request access to a transcript of your call by phoning 0508 447 669 and asking for the Privacy Officer.
Subscribers to IPONZ email updates
We take your privacy very seriously. Your contact details, collected during the subscription process, will only be used by us to send you relevant information. They will not be forwarded to other organisations and you can change your personal details or unsubscribe from the service at any time.