Facts and figures
IPONZ collects data about patent, trade mark, design, and plant variety rights application volumes. This information is represented on this page in Shockwave Flash format and the raw data is also available in .XLSX and .CSV formats below.
IPONZ application volumes
See below for instructions.
You can use the dashboard above to view application volumes since July 2005. You must have Adobe Shockwave Flash installed to use the dashboard.
The Overview tab shows long-term application filing trends for patents, trade marks, and designs for the last four financial years, as well as hearings decisions issues for all domains over the past year.
- Select a domain (e.g. “Patents”, “Trade Marks”, “Designs”)
- Adjust the slider below the chart to change the time period.
The Patents, Trade Marks, Designs, and Plant Variety Rights tabs show data since July 2005.
- To view data for a particular domain (e.g. “Patents”, “Trade Marks”, “Designs”, “Plant Variety Rights”) select the appropriate tab at the top.
- To view data for a particular financial year (e.g. “2005/2006) select it from the list on the left.
- To include or exclude a particular type of application (e.g. “Provisional”, “National”) or financial year click the coloured square or circle next to the label.
You can open .XLSX and .CSV files using a spreadsheet application like Excel.
We can also provide other useful statistical data from our database. To make a request please use our online request service. Please make your request as specific as possible to allow us to respond more quickly. We may contact you to clarify or refine your request.