Online correspondence service enhancements
22 August 2011
IPONZ has implemented the following changes to the Online Correspondence services to help enhance your online experiences:
- More user-friendly functions for the “Submit Correspondence” service. (See below)
- New names for the “Correspondence History” and “View IP History” services. These will now be called “Submission Log” and “View Case File” services.
- The ability to navigate to the “Submit Correspondence” service from the “View Case File” service.
What do the improvements look like?
1. More user-friendly functions for the “Submit Correspondence” service.
- A new layout and navigation to make it simpler to move between screens and complete submissions.
- A ‘Correspondence Category’ to assist with determining the type of correspondence. See Fact Sheet for each division on how to determine which option to use.
- The ability to upload documents for a different category by selecting the Previous button to go back to Correspondence Category Screen.
- The ability to upload multiple documents per correspondence item.
- Some correspondence types allow you to respond directly using free-form text in lieu of uploading a document(s). For example ‘Response to compliance report’ or ‘Correspondence to examiner’.
- A new field to allow you to enter ‘quantity’ for your request for example for ‘adding trade mark class(s)’ or for ‘requesting the certificate of commissioner’.
2. A new name for “Correspondence History” and “View IP History” services.
3. The ability to go to “Submit Correspondence” service from “View Case File” service.