188.8.131.52 Royal or vice-regal emblemUp one level
— filed under: no-right-menu
Section 12 of the Flags, Emblems and Names Protection Act 1981 prohibits the use of certain Royal and vice-regal emblems if:
- The manner of the use is such that any person is likely to believe that the use has the “authority, sanction, approval, appointment or patronage of” the Queen or the Governor-General; and
- The use has not been authorised by the Queen or the Governor-General.
Section 12 covers the following:
- Any representation of the Coat of Arms of Her Majesty or any other member of the Royal family;
- Any representation of any Royal crown, Royal coronet, Royal cypher or Royal badge;
- Any representation of the Royal Standard or the Sovereign’s personal flag for New Zealand;
- Any representation of the Governor-General’s flag;
- Any representation that so closely resembles any of the above as to be likely to cause any person to believe that it is that thing.
|The Royal Coat of Arms||The Royal Crown|
|The Queen's New Zealand Standard||The Governor-General's Flag|