We offer a range of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) that allow you to build software that connects directly to the IPONZ system.
Who is it for?
- Clients that use our system frequently, particularly IP agents.
- IP software developers.
- Anyone who uses data from the intellectual property registers.
What can I do with it?
- Submit applications for trade marks, designs, and patents (PCT only)
- Renew trade marks, designs, and patents
- Pay the maintenance fee for patent applications
- Get information from trade mark, design, and patent registers
- Retrieve documents
- Get details of all discussions and tasks for your organisation
- Respond to examination tasks for trade marks, designs, and patents
What are the benefits?
- Reduced administrative effort:
- Less manual data entry - information about an application in your system can be transferred directly to IPONZ
- Automatically download all details of your tasks, discussions, and documents that have been sent to you
- Respond to examination tasks from within your own system
- Reduced errors – directly transferring information from your own system re-entry
- Easy access to information from the IP registers (patents, trade marks, designs)
What does it cost?
- Use of the APIs is free for registered users of the IPONZ system.
- Official fees are applicable for applications and renewals submitted via APIs. These are paid on a monthly direct debit or direct credit basis.
Where do I find out more?
Contact us by email: