20 April 2015
IPONZ’s office will be closed for the holiday observed for ANZAC day, Monday 27 April 2015.
Our website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls on 27 April 2015, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 28 April 2015.
- For patents and trade marks it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online between 25 April 2015 and 27 April 2015 the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (28 April 2015). If an invention or design is disclosed before the 28 April 2015, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 24 April 2015 if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 24 April 2015.
- 28 April 2015 if they are submitted on 27 April 2015.