IPONZ will be closed for business on Waitangi Day, Friday 6 February 2015
The website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls on 6 February 2015, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 9 February 2015.
- For patents and trade marks it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online between 6 February 2015 and 8 February 2015 the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (9 February 2015). If an invention or design is disclosed before the 9 February 2015, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 5 February 2015 if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 5 February 2015.
- 9 February 2015 if they are submitted on 6, 7 or 8 February 2015.