IPONZ will be closed for business over the Easter holiday period from 5:00pm Thursday 2 April 2015 and will reopen 8.30am Tuesday 7 April 2015.
The website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls in the period from 3 April 2015 to 7 April 2015, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 7 April 2015.
- For patents and trade marks it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online over the Easter holiday period (3 April 2015 to 5 April 2015), the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (7 April 2015). If an invention or design is disclosed before the 7 April 2015, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 2 April 2015 if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 2 April 2015.
- 7 April 2015 if they are submitted between 3 April 2015 and 7 April 2015.
Last updated 10 February 2016