7 December 2015
IPONZ will close for business over the holiday period from 5:00pm on Thursday, 24 December 2015, and will reopen at 8.30am on Tuesday, 5 January 2016.
Our website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls within the period from 25 December 2015 to 5 January 2016, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 5 January 2016.
- For patents and trade marks, it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online over the Christmas - New Year period (25 December 2015 to 5 January 2016), the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (5 January 2016). If this invention or design is disclosed before 5 January 2016, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 24 December 2015 if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 24 December 2015.
- 5 January 2016 if they are submitted between 25 December 2015 and 5 January 2016.
We wish you a safe holiday and a prosperous New Year.