20 October 2015
IPONZ will be closed for the Labour Day public holiday on Monday 26 October 2015. Our website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls on 24, 25 or 26 October 2015, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed on or before 27 October 2015.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online between 23 October 2015 and 26 October 2015, the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (27 October 2015). If this invention or design is disclosed before 27 October 2015, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
- For patents and trade marks it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
Online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 23 October 2015, if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 23 October 2015.
- 27 October 2015, if they are submitted on 24, 25 or 26 October 2015.