29 May 2015
IPONZ will be closed for the public holiday Queen’s Birthday on Monday 1 June 2015.
Our website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls on 1 June 2015, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 2 June 2015.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online between 29 May 2015 and 1 June 2015 the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (2 June 2015). If an invention or design is disclosed before the 2 June 2015, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
- For patents and trade marks it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 29 May 2015 if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 29 May 2015
- 2 June 2015 if they are submitted on 1 June 2015.