The New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys Inc. (NZIPA) and the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) would like to invite you to a free public seminar in celebration of World IP Day. The entertaining and enlightening panel discussion features some of New Zealand’s leading experts in the music IP field.
- Andrew Fagan (Singer/songwriter from The Mockers). Andrew has vast experience in creating original music.
- Dr Graeme Downes (Senior Lecturer in Contemporary Rock Music, University of Otago). Graeme has experience providing musicological opinions in copyright cases.
- Kevin Glover (Barrister, Shortland Chambers). Kevin practises in the area of commercial disputes and has particular expertise in intellectual property. He has also lectured on copyright law for the University of Auckland Masters of Law degree.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Does New Zealand do enough to protect musicians’ intellectual property?
- What can a musician do if they become aware of someone making unauthorised use of their intellectual property?
- What types of music IP cases have you been involved in?
- Are online subscription services good news for musicians?
Date: Wednesday 27 May 2015
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Venue: Victoria University of Wellington, Faculty of Law
Government Buildings, Lecture Theatre 1 (GBLT1) Rear Courtyard, 55 Lambton Quay Wellington.
There is no charge to attend and RSVPs are essential.
Please RSVP to theby Friday 22 May 2015.