All fees exclude GST (15%) and are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
IPONZ fees may change in 2019. Read about the review of IPONZ fees.
Search and preliminary advice
|Request for search (per class)||$40|
|Request for preliminary advice (per class)||$40|
|Application for a trade mark (per class)||$150|
|Application for additional class(es) (per class)||$150|
|Trade mark registrations (per class, every 10 years)||$350|
|Notice of opposition by opponent||$350|
|Hearing fee for each party||$850|
|Application for revocation of registration of trade mark||$350|
|Application for declaration of invalidity of registration||$350|
The preferred methods of payment for all fees are credit card, internet banking or direct debit.
Contact us for more information about setting up a direct debit account.
A refund will only be considered where required or permitted by legislation. The following legislation applies:
- Section 16 of the Trade Marks Act
- Regulation 169 of the Patent Regulations
- Section 47(2) of the Designs Act
- Section 36(2) of the Plant Variety Rights Act
Refunds will not be provided in the following circumstances:
- Where the applicant has chosen to pay GST with their application. If the fees attached to an application include GST, the Office assumes GST is payable by the applicant and will receipt that GST.
- Refunds will not be processed once a filing has been receipted and work has commenced on, or been completed on the filing.
For more information, please see our Refund Policy.
Refund requests must be in writing and include the following information:
- receipt date
- receipt number
- amount you are requesting be refunded
- reason for refund
- name of person/organisation the refund is to be paid to
If you have paid the fees using our direct debit system, the refund will show as an adjustment on your next direct debit statement.
If you paid the fees by any other payment method your refund will normally be direct credited into your bank account.