We offer an IPONZ API (Application Programming Interface) that allows you to build software that connects directly to the IPONZ system. For more information on this API, please visit the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment API platform.
IPONZ API — Business.govt.nz
Who is it for?
- Clients that use our system frequently, particularly IP agents.
- IP software developers.
- Anyone who uses data from the intellectual property registers.
What can I do with it?
- Submit applications for trade marks and patents (PCT national phase entry only)
- Renew trade marks, designs, and patents
- Pay the maintenance fee for patent applications
- Get information from trade mark, design, and patent registers
- Retrieve documents
- Get details of all discussions and tasks for your organisation
- Respond to examination tasks for trade marks, designs, and patents
What are the benefits?
- Reduced administrative effort:
- Less manual data entry - information about an application in your system can be transferred directly to IPONZ
- Automatically download all details of your tasks, discussions, and documents that have been sent to you
- Respond to examination tasks from within your own system
- Reduced errors – directly transferring information from your own system re-entry
- Easy access to information from the IP registers (patents, trade marks, designs)
What does it cost?
- Use of the IPONZ API is free for registered users of the IPONZ system.
- Official fees are applicable for applications and renewals submitted via the IPONZ API. These are paid on a monthly direct debit or direct credit basis.
Where do I find out more?
- IPONZ API — Business.govt.nz
- Support site for Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment API platform — Business.govt.nz
You can also contact our API Support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.