The following enhancements to the IPONZ case management facility take effect from 15 September 2016:
Automated email notifications will now include calendar events
Email notifications for a new task will now include a calendar event so users can enter the task details and deadline straight into their own calendars.
Changes to Amendment/Correction of Error requests for patents
The following updates have been made to the Amendment/Correction of Error function:
- Parties other than the current owner or agent can now request a correction of error for a patent under section 202(2) of the Patents Act 2013.
- The title of a patent application can now be amended prior to acceptance.
Additional information to be published in the IPONZ Journal
The Journal will now include:
- Abstracts for patents that have been accepted.
- References to parent applications for divisional patent applications where relevant.
- References to main patent cases for patents of addition where relevant.
- International filing numbers for PCT applications where relevant.
- A design representation and statement of novelty for registered designs. If a design has multiple representations, only the first of these will be displayed.
- The registered/protected and renewal due dates for registered trade marks.