IPONZ’s office will be closed for business on Good Friday and Easter Monday, 25 and 28 March 2016.
Our website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls between 25 and 28 March 2016, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 29 March 2016.
- For patents and trade marks, it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online between 25 and 28 March 2016, the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (29 March 2016). If an invention or design is disclosed before 29 March 2016, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 24 March 2016, if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 24 March 2016.
- 29 March 2016, if they are submitted on 25, 26, 27 or 28 March 2016.