Our website will remain available on this date.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls on 4, 5 or 6 June 2016, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 7 June 2016.
- For patents and trade marks, it is mandatory to communicate with us using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online between 3 and 6 June 2016, the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (7 June 2016). If an invention or design is disclosed before 7 June 2016, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 3 June 2016, if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZST on 3 June 2016.
- 7 June 2016, if they are submitted on 4, 5, or 6 June 2016.