14 January 2016
IPONZ’s office will be closed for business on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 25 January 2016.
Our website will remain available throughout this period.
Please note the following important considerations:
- If the deadline for filing an application or document falls on 25 January 2016, then the application or document will be filed on time if filed by 26 January 2016.
- For patents and trade marks it is mandatory to communicate with IPONZ using our online case management facility. Communications received outside the case management facility will not be considered valid unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- If a patent or design application is submitted online between 23 January 2016 and 25 January 2016, the details of the invention or design should not be publicly disclosed until after the official filing date (26 January 2016). If an invention or design is disclosed before 26 January 2016, then the patent or design may be invalid if granted or registered.
Your online applications will receive an official filing date of:
- 22 January 2016, if they are submitted no later than 11.59pm NZDT on 22 January 2016.
- 26 January 2016, if they are submitted on 23, 24 or 25 January 2016.
Published on January 14, 2016