Are you a small or growing business looking for expert advice on topics like hiring, tax or trade marks? The Kiwi Business Boost aims to help businesses get the right advice at the right time. It launches on 11 November with the first series of workshops, occurring in the Hawkes Bay. These are free and face to face. IPONZ will be there to discuss types of IP and how you can own it.
To have a look at the programme, the topics, and to register, visit the Kiwi Business Boost website: boost.business.govt.nz/
The programme is an initiative by business.govt.nz, and uses their extensive understanding of New Zealand business needs to deliver practical advice. There are plenty of useful activities including demonstrations of services that make key tasks easier for business.
One-on-one expert sessions
There will be five different sessions, delivered in Wairoa, Napier, Hastings and Waipawa.
- Getting started: There’s no magic formula for starting a successful small business, but the better your decisions early on, the better your chances.
- Growth: Ready to take the next step in your business? Growth and innovation takes the right plans, resources and attitude to succeed.
- Risks and operations: Good business planning and systems can make all the difference in the event of an unexpected accident or disaster.
- Staff: There’s a lot to think about if hiring and managing staff is an important part of your business. Getting it right can make a big difference.
- Tax and accounting: Take the stress out of managing tax and finances with a bit of organisation and the right help at the right time.
Workshops will run from 11th – 21st November. The workshops will dive deeper into topic areas and focus on practical steps businesses can take.